Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The India Story


Do you believe in the India story?
That’s a no-brainer. Of course I do.
Every penny of my savings is invested in that story.
The Story that shall overtake the Greatest Story Ever Told

Inspite of Hindus who hate the Muslims
Inspite of Brahmins who hate the Shudras
Inspite of Manmohan without a spine
Inspite of NaMo without a fear

Inspite of a gaping hole between the haves and have-nots
Inspite of a gaping hole dug for coal, unearthing naxals too
Inspite of being spoilt for choice between lesser of the evils
Inspite of being spoilt for choice between elitism and elitism

So what if I like neither the Congress nor the BJP
So what if I like neither Anna nor Sonia
So what if I am petrified of bomb blasts
So what if I am indifferent to bomb blasts

So what if the only way to peace is through fear
So what if the only way to justice is through bribes
So what if South doesnt like North
So what if Kannada doesnt like Tamil

Do I believe in the India story, you ask?
That’s a no-brainer. Of course I do.

No comments: